Saturday, January 12, 2013

Cardio fun! (and several more recipes)!

I have found the most amazing new water bottle!!! I got it from Target a couple days ago. It is a 24 ounce water bottle that can unscrew so you can put ice in it also! It is everything I have ever wanted in a water bottle!!!

I have also found a new way to enjoy my cardio workout on the elliptical machine!!! As most other people, I get bored, quickly, on the elliptical. I have been studying for my Nurse Practitioner board exam. It is a large spiral bound book that sits easily on the reading ledge of the elliptical. The time flies while I'm reading!!! So, I will be getting a kindle, Ipad, something of the sort in the next few months. It's amazing how much more I enjoy my cardio now! :)

More recipes! 
I like ALL of these!!! 

Gluten-Free Quinoa Pizza Bites
Thank you to my trainer again for this recipe! 
(kinda bland without the pizza sauce)

1 cup uncooked quiinoa
2 large eggs
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped (or 1 tablespoons dried)
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 lb 90/10 ground beef
Pizza sauce for dipping

Directions: 
1. Place the quinoa and two cups of water in a covered pot. Bring to boil and then simmer for 20 minutes or until quinoa is tender. 
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
3. Mix together all ingredients, except pizza sauce, in a medium mixing bowl. 
4. Distribute mixture into a greased muffin tin, filling each cup to the top and press down gently to compact. 
5. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan.. Serve warm with sauce for dipping. 

Nutrition Facts: 
(excludes pizza sauce)
Makes about 15 muffins

Total Calories: 91.8
Fat: 4.9 g
Carbs: 1.9 g
Protein: 9.3 g

Baked Veggies

Frozen bag of veggies (I got the one with broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, zucchini, etc). 
Minimal amount of olive oil (I used about 2 tbsp). 
Salt and pepper to taste

Optional: 
French onion soup mix

Nutrition Facts: 
Makes about 11 1 cup servings
French onion soup mix nutrition facts not included

Total Calories: 29.4
Fat: 3.1 g
Carbs: 0.4 g
Protein: 0.1 g

Baked Italian Chicken

Chicken Breasts
Fat Fat Italian Dressing

Place chicken in baking back. Pour in Italian dressing to wear the chicken is sitting in it. Does not have to be covering it. Bake for 45 minutes. 

Optional: 
After 45 minutes, take out and pour some BBQ sauce on top. Bake for another 15 minutes. 

Nutritional Facts: 
(Does not include BBQ sauce). 

Per Chicken Breasts: 

Total Calories: 165
Fat: 2.5 g
Carbs: 3 g
Protein: 46 g

Hope you enjoy a recipe or two! 

What is your favorite source of cardio? 
What do you do to combat cardio boredom?



No comments:

Post a Comment