Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Prepping

I did it!! I finally got my meals prepared! For 5 nights I barely slept... so frustrating. However, Excedrin PM was my friend last night. Today proved to be a productive day. Great cardio and legs workout today! Now, on to my real accomplishment- I COOKED! Yes, hard to believe I know. (My husband was slightly confused too.) :) For dinner I cooked salmon patties made with oats and a side of broccoli and cauliflower with garlic salt on it. For the first time ever, my husband liked broccoli. (He loved the salmon patties too!) Score 1 for me!

As far as prepping, as I did the following: boiled 10 eggs for snacks. Put the additional salmon patties and veggies in easy to grab plastic ware. My husband and I prepared 6 chicken breasts. Four of them were baked in nonfat Italian dressing and 2 breasts that were cut up and cooked on the stove top with  a concoction of BBQ type rubs. I went ahead and measured out 5 oz of chicken each in their own plastic container. (I already had all my veggies cut.) It was honestly A LOT easier that I thought it would be. (I see a trend starting!) I just hate I took so long to finally do it. So, if you find yourself with a spare hour (or while you are watching your favorite tv show) put some eggs in water and some chicken in the oven. I dare you. :)









No comments:

Post a Comment