Sunday, January 6, 2013

Challenging Days

So, this weekend has been a challenge. I rounded at the hospital this weekend and it proved to be very challenging to have my healthy, fulfilling snacks. Instead, I ate foods that were not as clean or fulfilling-leading to more hospital food snacking and being dissatisfied the remainder of the day. Therefore, I have found a new challenge. Find clean, protein filled, easy to carry snacks for days like this weekend. As I explore possibilities, do you have any thoughts on clean, healthy, protein rich snacks? Please share!

2 comments:

  1. a couple of hard boiled eggs, mixed nuts (unsalted), apple+peanut butter are my go-to's. get a couple of the tiny tupperware containers for hummus + veggie sticks or baby carrots.

    It's definitely not as easy as say a pocket ready candy bar or chips, but you'll feel so much better. Plus you can eat MORE of them than just that 1 candy bar without blowing your meal plan ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yes. I already love hard boiled eggs as a snack! I forgot all about my love for almonds! I must remember that next time!

    You're right! I feel soo much better when I eat healthy, clean foods!

    ReplyDelete