Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Feel the Burn! (and Recipe #2)

Feel the burn!!! Love it! Today's workout was legs and cardio. During my workout, I thought about how "simple" some of the exercises were. Movements we make each and everyday; however, how much of an impact they can make when done in repetition. Easy enough for anyone to do! I started off with walking lunges. Now, this may not seem like something you do everyday; but it is done. When  you bend down to tie your shoe, bending down and reaching for something stuck in your back seat floor... you get the point. :) Secondly, squats down to a bench and back up. Every time you drop something, must you not squat down to pick it up?! (Unless you have monkey toes and use them to pick things up. Yes, I'm a weirdo and am very talented at doing so. I believe this may be a sign of laziness). :)  Anyways, back on track, my point is that everyday movements can be used as exercise. It doesn't have to be in a gym. Just give it a try. I dare you! :)

I also found another cool feature on the My Fitness Pal app today. If you do the same workout again, another day, you can copy it to another day! I love simplicity when possible.

Today's Recipe:
* We tried this tonight. It was good but very bland. We ended up adding some Heinz like sauce (Kroger brand) to it which made it good. Next time, I will try adding additional spices. Please feel free to let me know what you think would be good added to it!

* I would also like to note that any canned things I use (i.e. black beans in this recipe), I try to find reduced or no sodium added.

Clean Eating Turkey Meatloaf

20 oz ground turkey
1/2 green pepper, diced
1 cup black beans
2 eggs
1/4 cup onion
1 cup brown rice, long grain, cooked
1 slice wheat bread, toasted and crumbled

Mix everything together. Pour into a greased loaf pan or a 13x9 inch pan. Bake for about an hour or until top looks orange/ is browned.

Serves: 8

Nutrition Info:
Calories: 157.9
Total Fat: 2.5g
Total Carbs: 17.2g
Protein: 17.9g


No comments:

Post a Comment